By using this water softener shower head, your skin and hair look better and healthy. So you are not noticing the differing of using water softener. If you change the water softener, it must be working good and your hair and skin will also look healthy.
From the below article, we mention the process of how water softeners work. And take a look of some more water softening solutions which will work, and while using you will get the benefits of water softening.
From below, you can checkout the list of top shower water filters for hard water which are available today!
What Is Water Softening And How Does It Work?
Hard water is having high mineral content, and it is rich in large amount of calcium and magnesium carbonates, but also ferrous iron. The disadvantage of using this hard water is that the calcium and magnesium ions which will interact with the fatty acids in the soaps, to make them gelatinous curd. If the soap is efficient, so that you have to use more to wash it. By using this curd make soaps more inefficient, but it can also make your bathroom look uncared. This hard water splashes the bathroom walls, some of the minerals in the water drops will create scale build-ups. Some of the water pipes will be blocked because of the scale built-ups.
Water softening is the process to remove the calcium, magnesium, and other metal cautions in the water. Which is done by changing the calcium and magnesium ion charges. This process is tough at first glance. The calcium and magnesium ions in the water can carry positive charges. This water softener pushes the water from the tank filled with negative charged beads. The water can pass through the tank, instead of floating through the water the positive calcium and magnesium ions will cling to the beads.
- First, the hard water will enter into the mineral tank.
- It can cling to the beads with the magnesium and calcium ions
- The sodium ions can pass through the water instead of calcium and magnesium.
- Water softener starts to regenerate the cycle.
- To clean the water tank, the water flow is reversed.
- Then the brine solution enters into the mineral tank.
- You can replace the sodium ions with the magnesium and calcium ions on the beads.
- Calcium and magnesium ions can flush down the drain.
- Using the brine solution, you have to flush the mineral tank.
- You have to refill the brine tank
- Now the process is ready to start again.
1. Magnetic Water Conditioners
These magnetic water conditioners are not real water softeners, it is just to reduce the effects of hard water. You have to check the units if your water source is not very hard. The units of the water softeners can attach to the water line, it can produce the magnetic field. Because of the impurities and salts in the water can change the behavior. The calcium and magnesium should present in the water, but it can flow free down to the drain.
If the water source of this conditioners are very hard, then the magnetic field can be produced by conditioners which are not strong to change the behavior of each and every calcium and magnesium molecule, you don’t get any difference while using the conditioner. If you are getting the water very hard, then use magnetic conditioner which is the best solution to soften the water.
- There is no need to remove calcium and magnesium from your water. You need these elements to stay healthy, and it is important to find in the water.
- It is having the low maintenance.
- No need to add chemicals to work
- No need to use electricity to work
- The size of this water conditioner is small and it doesn’t take much space.
- It is more suitable who are in the low sodium diet.
- And you can install it easily
- If you want more water, it doesn’t work
- It doesn’t filter the water
- It cant remove the contaminants from the water
2. Potassium Chloride Water Softener
This water softener uses the potassium chloride instead of using the sodium to remove the calcium and magnesium from the water. It doesn’t use sodium, if you follow the sodium diet, then this is the best choice for them. Waste of the sodium can be more harmful to the environment if you are not using it is more eco-friendly.
To remove the hard water minerals, it can use potassium chloride water softener which will use the same ion exchange process to normal the softeners. The beads can release the potassium into the water to replace the minerals with the sodium.
Using potassium is good for your healthy life, but some medical conditions can restrict to access it. If you are suffering from diabetes, heart disease, or other chronic medical conditions, you should have to consult your physician before taking potassium-enriched water.
- If you are following low sodium diet, then this softener is the best
- You can remove magnesium and calcium efficiently from your water
- It can improve the watercolor
- This water softener is more expensive compare to the sodium
- Some people doesn’t like the water taste
- It can not able to remove the contaminants from your water
3. Salt-Free Water Softeners
Potassium chloride doesn’t contain sodium, and it is salt. You can use the salt-free softener so that you can soften your water. Salt-free water softeners working process is as similar to the magnetic conditioners. These softeners are attached to the main water line so that it can produce a wide range of frequencies.
If the water passes through the frequencies, then the crystal structures of calcium and magnesium will change. By changing the structure of these elements cant tend to bind to one another, so that it won’t make upscale. Then the water can move freely and it wont cause any build-ups.
If the water is not producing build-ups, it doesn’t mean that the calcium and magnesium ions won’t be present in it. So you can say that the systems doesn’t soften the water. Finally, you dont need to use more soap to wash your water and it will look cleaner than ever before.
- No need to use chemicals to work
- No need to buy sacks of salt to refuel them
- It doesn’t take up too much space
- It can set for those who follow the low sodium diet
- There is no need for electricity to run
- There is a low maintenance
- It doesn’t produce wastewater
- It doesn’t remove healthy minerals from your water
- It is very easy to install
- It cant remove the contaminants from your water
- This filtration system is very expensive
- It is not effective while using the heavy water
4. Sodium Water Softeners
We didnt say that the sodium based water softeners are the best in the market, but these sodium based models are the popular models. The main reason to become more popular is, it’s effective. And the other one is cost-effective, so that the people prefer these water softeners.
These softeners are available in good price, and it can offer the good whole house water softening solution. The taste of the water is little bit saltier, so you have to maintain the salt bags to your basement every time and then recharge the resin beads.
- It can offer whole house water softening solution
- It is a low maintenance cost
- It is a low operating cost
- The taste of the water is good
- It can remove the magnesium and calcium from your water
- Some people don’t like the taste of the water
- If you are following the sodium diet, this softener is not suitable
- You have to maintain carry salt sacks and replace them periodically
- If you change the salt, some systems might not work
Buying water softener shower head is not a big deal. If the shower head will work for short period of time, it cannot function for a long run because there are no recharging resin beads. It cannot flush the calcium and magnesium ions for a different drain. We have another water softening solutions but select the best shower for the best water.