What Is a Whole House Water Filter?
Whole house water filter is capable of filtering water which is used in your house. This whole house water is also called Point of Entry system, because you have to install this systems before the water reaches your heater, it can filter both the cold and warm water. If you open the faucet, the filtered water will come out of it. The filtered water will come from your shower, washing machine, and even your toilet.
If you are looking for whole house water filter, may be you heard the Best Whole House Water Filters from your friends and family members. Some are using whole house water filters without knowing it.
How to Select a Good Quality Whole House Water Filter
Waterflow: We have number of whole house water filters are there, which will produce a different amount of filtered water in a minute. All water which are entered into your home will be filtered with the same amount of water to the faucets, showers, appliances, and toilets. Some water filters having the capacity of producing only 10 gallons of water per minute, but if you use the larger one it will produce more than that. So it is better to choose Good Quality whole house water filter which consumes large volumes of water.
Filters: Different filters can block different contaminants. You have to select the filters depends on the results of the water tests, so that you should buy a unit which is effective on contaminants which are present in the water. If you are using the water which is having high bacterial contamination, you have to use a unit with a UV filter. If it is a high heavy metal contamination, you should prefer a normal unit with a copper-zinc mineral filter might suffice.
How To Install Whole House Water Filter?
Whole house water filtration systems are easy to install, but some people who are new for using this filters they cannot able to install on their own. They must need to call a professional help. From the below steps there is a process to whole house water filters.
- First you have to turn off the main water supply from where you are getting the water and drain the system.
- Select the location from where you want to fix it. Select the place to change the filters which you have to fix it permanantly, so that you can reach comfortably.
- By using pipe cutter you have to cut the pipe.
- According to the manufacturer’s instructions, you can install the compression nut and plastic/brass fittings. You have to use Teflon tape for the fittings.
- Install the filters with the “in” and “out” ports which are facing the right directions.
- You have to turn off inlet valve off and turn on water supply. Check the system is there any leaks, if it is there turn on the inlet velvet on and check the leaks again.
- Now installation complete successfully. For every you have to change the filters, turn off the inlet valve off and use the provides wrench to take out cartridge filter.
How Does a Whole Home Water Filter Work?
This whole house water filtration system may differ mediums to filter the contaminants in main water supply. In this article we describe the working process of the whole home water filters.
Before the water heater, the filter is usually attached to the main water line, so all the water should be filtered. If water enters into filtration system, first it will encounter sediment prefilter. The developers designed this filter to remove the larger particles in your water, like silt, sand, rust, debris, or sediment.
The filtered water exits from the sediment pre-filter, through the activated carbon filter. This is most important components in the filtering system, also it can remove a lot of contaminants in the water. Activated carbon provides huge porous surface. This surface having the nooks and crannies and the contaminants in the water which are attracted through the natural process called adsorption.
It is very effective by removing the chlorine, which are left at the sediment, any volatile organic compounds (VOCs), along with the foul smells and tastes from the water. Activated carbon filter is treated with special substances which is having the different properties. Some manufacturers use small amount of silver in the carbon filter to give antibacterial capacity.
If the water is having carbon filter, it can pass through the copper-zinc and mineral filter. This process is very important while filtering, because it removes all the contaminants in the water at this stage. This filter will remove the remaining of chlorine, heavy metals, and it also a good process to remove the bacteria and other microorganisms usually found in the water.
Some models of the whole house water filter will pass the water through a water softener or a descaler. Some manufacturers of the water filter use ion-exchange technology to get this. If your water enters into the ion exchange filter, it will pass through the resin beads. Beads are completely filled with sodium ions. If magnesium and calcium particles will encounter the ion-filled beads, they can easily replace the sodium ions. It will help the water softer, but it gives the water little bit salty.
This filters plays an important role while producing high quality water. By using this post filter, it can fill with small particles because the larger one have already filtered out. The post filter is used to stop the small particles from your water. These filters is having the full of holes, the thing is size of the hole. Actually post filter holes are small as 0.35 microns, but almost all are 1 micron.
The UV filter is very efficient. It is used to kill almost all remaining bacteria, virus, or microorganism that might have escaped the previous filters. If your water filters having high bacterial contamination, just use UV filter to solve your problem.
1. SpringWell Water Whole House Water Filter System
This Springwell water filter system is one of the most top-rated and it comes in the best price system. This Springwell whole house filtration system uses a 1,000,000 gallon system that filtrates 4 stages, premium coconut carbon, and KDF media. These water filters can remove harmful chemicals like chlorine, lead, and heavy metals. It can also remove contaminants which include chloramine, VOCs, pesticides, haloacetic acids, bad odor, taste and controls the growth of bacteria.
The main advantage of using this Springwell water filter is its innovative technology which will help you to remove all contaminants of your water. The main thing of this Springwell filters provides a 6-month guarantee as well as lifetime warranty for all parts and pieces.
- These filters can filtrate up to 1,000,000 gallons without any loss in water pressure.
- You can get these filters from America and you will get full warranty and 6-month money-back guarantee.
- The main advantage of using these filters can Remove bacteria, harsh chemicals, and heavy metals.
- You can get these filters within 2-3 days.
- If you’re not a DIY type of person you’ll need to call a plumber.
- This filter is not suitable for apartments or condos.
- Does not come with a replacement filter.
2. Aquasana 10-Year, 1,000,000 Gallon Whole House Water Filter
Aquasana is an effective water filtration system, with 1,000,000 Gallon Whole House Water Filter and it is considered as low maintainance unit. This water filter provides pro grade install kit which includes brass fittings, pre-filter, post-filter. You can also check the consumption of original value of water and check it over from time to time.
The main advantage of using whole house water filter is to increase longevity of the water softener cylinder. This cylinder is having the capacity of 1,000,000 gallons, which depends on your water consumption. This model gives pro installation kit, all components includes this kit, so you dont get any problem with leaks or faulty parts.
- This model uses the high quality filters, so you can check the water taste and smell while using this water filters.
- This water filter provides pro installation kit, which includes all the components of the kit.
- While installing this filters you need pex crimper, You can not do on your own only professional plumbers can do this.
3. Home Master HMF3SDGFEC Whole House 3-Stage Water Filter
Home Master HMF3SDGFEC is one of the popular filtration system with good price.It is having the filtering capacity upto 15 gallons per minute, it depends on your water pressure. The main advantage of using this whole house water filter is high quality sediment filter. It is very efficient and it can remove any particle larger than 1 micron from your water.
It gives the water will be clean, before reaching your faucet it can pass through the activated carbon filter. It uses activated carbon filter has a good longevity and it is good for your water. This water filter is having the capacity of 100,000 gallons.
- Home Master HMF3SDGFEC is efficient by removing iron, sediment, manganese, and other chemicals which will alter the water’s taste. It is the capable of removing up to 95% of the contaminants in your water source.
- If your water source is having high iron contaminated, this water filter cant remove all of it. But it will try to remove more than 90% of iron, which is good for health.
4. iSpring WGB32B 3-Stage Whole House Water Filtration System
NSF certified this whole house filtering system, it can remove any particle larger than 5 microns from water source, it is very effective. This water filter is having the capable of removing upto 95% of contaminants in your water, includes chlorine, sediment, herbicides, pesticides, rust, and other chemicals.
One of the main advantage of using this filtration system is 100,000-gallon activated carbon filter. This ispring WGB32B 3-stage filter is having the good filtering capacity and also it will remove the contaminants from your water for a long time. You can use this filters without change foe a year, some else can do for 2 years.
Another main advantage of using this water filter is 1 input and output ports are used. These ports allows upto 15 gallons of water pass through the RO system and you have to filtered each minute.
- After installing this filter system, it will ensure a good water pressure. This system uses large ports, so that it gives the good volume of water to pass through the filters.
- If you dont use the teflon tape, this water system connection leaks.
5. 3M Aqua-Pure Whole House Water Filtration System
This water system is one of the popular filters, take a look of the price and the capacity of the filters compare to the other filters you must be like it.
The main advantage of using this 3M Aqua pure is having the high flow rate. The other water filters flow rate is 15 gallons per minute, but this model gives extra mile and delivers 20 gallons of filtered water per minute. It provides huge water flow, so there is no water pressure if you use more faucets at the same time.
The another advantage of using this water filter is its low maintainance. It uses the water filters which should be a year or more in a typical outset, and you can change these filters very easy. You can easily twist them off and also twist new ones in their place.
- This water filter is very effective at removing contaminants from the water, and you can change it very easily, changing water filters takes upto 3 minutes.
- You can use this filter to combine with a sediment pre filter, if it is very polluted.
6. Home Master HMF2SMGCC Whole House 2-Stage Water Filter
The Home Master 2-Stage Filter is capable of removing impurities larger than 1 micron from your tap water. This filter is having four gradient density to deliver finer filtration other than models, and there is a difference in the water taste and clarity of the water.
This home master is efficient water filter, and it will remove all the chemicals and sediments from the water, which includes heavy metals, chlorine, chloramines, and other contaminants.
Using the catalystic carbon filter is having the capacity of 95,000 gallons, it can provide the filtered water for more than a year and it depends on the consumption.
One of the advantage of using this water filter is it provides 2 year warranty. It shows the manufacturers trust of this product.
- While buying this water filter they provide the good instruction manual. It is used to install the filter on your own.
- This water filter has a maximum output of 10 gallons per minute. But this water flow is not enough for some households.
Process To Change a Whole House Water Filter?
Here is the step by step process to change the whole house water filters. Changing water filters can vary based on the models, but all model should follow the same principle
- If you want to change the filter, first you have to turn off the water filter’s inlet valve.
- To turn off the filter use the provided wrench and put one bucket close at hand to collect any dripping water.
- You should clean inside surface of the filter by using dry cloth.
- Insert the new filter and tighten it up using the filter wrench.
- Turn the inlet valve back on.
- Before to taste the water, allow the water to run for at least 10 minutes for the filter to activate.
We hope that after studying this whole house filter reviews article you must have to decide and make a decision to choose which water filter is better for your house.
Selecting the best whole house water filter is not depends on the most expensive one, it depends on the quality of the filter. Everywater filter is used to remove some contaminants and less effective. So you have to choose the right model among all.
If you think that using the whole house filtration system is not good for you, then check out other more information about water filters.