Best Water Distillers 2019 : We have already know Water distillers is one of the old water filtering process. From this guide, you will learn about the modern countertop water distillers. This distilled water is used in laboratory, organic chemistry lab, clinic, fermentation and medical industry etc. From below we have reviewed the good water distillers that suits your home.
Top 6 Best Water Distillers Reviews 2019
These water distillers is used to produce clean and crisp water. Some people dont like the distilled water, in that case you can add some minerals or salts to your water.The wide range of manufacture occur in water distillation machines that generate high grade distilled water; from the small capacity portable units to large capacity industrial grade distilled water plants, Most products vary according to the water distilling capacity. These units are easy to install & operate which provides safe distillation method.
There are many water distiller equipment made all over the over world. But we Listed some top rated water distillers
1. Pure Water Mini-Classic CT CounterTop Water Distiller
This pure water mini classic is one of the water distiller in USA which is well known for its highly reliable and cost effective One of the main advantage is in this water distillation process is you dont need to assemble or install it. You have to buy and take it from the box, and it is ready to use. For small apartments, this compact design of the Distillation unit is good. While travelling from across the country you can take it.
This water distiller system can produce the amount of water which can be enough to cover all your households. The water steamer is easy to use and can be leave it to work unsupervised. You have to be careful, to fill the container at the marked level, close the boiler door, and you have to turn it on. This water distiller filter is having the automatic timer, which is used to turn off the unit once the water is filtered.
While operating, this countertop water distiller unit produces some white noise. But it doesnt interfere with your regular activities.
Filtering process may take too long for some people. This filtration process takes around 3 hours to complete.
2. H2oLabs Model-200 Countertop Home Water Distiller
This H2olabs model-200 is one of the best choice for your budget. This water distiller unit is lightweight and compact, This design looks modern and it is very easy to operate. This distiller is having the high filtering capacity, and it is able to produce 4 gallons of water per day. This filtration process takes long time to complete, so it is able to filter 3 gallons of water per day.
The main advantage of using this water distillation system is its user friendly design, and anyone can be able to operate it. This is good for elder people, who is having the problems which are operating new machines and appliances. This countertop water distillation system is easy to fill, refill and you can reset LED indicators which will notify you if the filtration process completed.
- The company customer service professionals know everything regarding the water distillers, and they can provide the information which we need.
- The design of this countertop water distillation filter is easy to operate, but difficult to manipulate at times.
3. Megahome Water Distiller
This megahome is well known unit used where the water distiller is highly efficient, and it is one which is having the highest rankings all of them. One of the main reason that people like using this distiller unit because that having the high-quality build. It is having the stainless steel interior, so water don’t touch the plastic during the filtration. Then the water passes through the distiller system, so the filtered water is collected in glass container. So that the water won’t come to contact with the plastic parts.
This distiller machine is having the capacity of one gallon per 5.5 hrs. So that it is able to filter up to 2 gallons of water per day, the maximum capacity of the water is 4. The main advantage of using this water distiller is UL listing. It provides independent testing facility which is used by most of the large manufacturers, to know that whether the products are safe to use or not. This distiller filter is certified and proved as safe.
- This water distiller unit uses the best materials. The body of the distiller is manufactured by stainless steel, and the water recipient is made out of glass.
- It is a slow filtration process, this water distiller can produce one gallon of water for every 5.5 hrs.
4. Best-In-Class Stainless Steel Water Distiller
Best in class stainless steel is one of the main water distillers, which will offer the best value on the market. It can easily produce the clean water and it can made out of high-quality components and materials. This water distiller’s steam chamber and condensing coil which are made from the stainless steel. All the plastic components which are made from the food grade material and it is also BPA-free.
The main advantage of having this model is, it can release the distilled water through nozzle in the water container. The nozzle has made an innovative design, so that the water can never touch any plastic or metal components in its path. The water tank is used to collect the distilled water in the system with the capacity of one gallon.
- This water distiller machine is easy to clean, because both glass carafe and stainless steel distiller is having large openings.
- This water filter weighs about 10 pounds. It might be a problem, if you have a plan of using this in RV.
5. CO-Z 4 Liter Pure Water Distiller Set
This CO-Z 4 liter pure is one of the budget choice water distiller set and it is available in cheap price. Also if it is low price, but it is efficient and good unit nonetheless. The main advantage of using this water distiller is having the good water filtering rate. This pure water distiller uinit is having the capacity of producing 0.4 gallons of drinking water in 60 minutes. If you compare with the other models, this is the one which is having the fast filtering rate.
Another advantage of using this water distiller, the internal steam chamber is made out of stainless steel. It is having the one gallon plastic water container. Using this model is safe, because it can use several safeguards to reduce the chances of an accident. This Pure water distiller system uses thermostat which will prevent the overheating, and it is also helps an surge protection.
- This model is having the fast filtering rate. It produces 0.4 gallons of water in 60 minutes.
- By using water tank, you can collect the filtered water which is made out of plastic. People who are using water distiller machine are more preoccupied with the environment, it is the main disadvantage.
6. CNCShop Water Distiller Water Distillation Purifier
CNCShop water distiller machine gives good value, despite its cheap price. This is one of the budget choice water distiller, after reading this article, you can agree that this is the best water distillation filters for your home. It is the combination of internal steam chamber and condenser coils which are made out of stainless steel, and remaining all the distiller unit can be made out of plastic components.
This model is having the total internal capacity of one gallon, and it is able to filter 0.26 gallons of pure water in 60 minutes. This water distiller unit is having the medium filtration rate, and it can filter one gallon of water in 4 hrs. So you will be able to filter comfortably upto 3 gallons per day, instead of the maximum capacity of 6.
- This model provides good value for your investment. It is available in cheap price, but the water distiller can able to produce pure water to your home same as like the expensive water distillers.
- This model has made with lot of plastic components, even so this model can work for atleast 2-3 years without any problems.
What is Distilled Water?
Distilled water is one type of filtered water. The normal water has been boiled to become steam and then again cooled back to normal again by removing contaminants. Distilled water is made by the process of distillation which used for separating the undesirable substances and components from a liquid mixture by using selective boiling and condensation.
The distillation process is the process which removes contaminants by boiling the normal water and makes resultant is pure H2O. Many contaminants are present in water, these are inorganic minerals, metals, etc. Some contaminants have high melting points and even high boiling points. When the normal water is boiled maximum, the pure water becomes converted to steam and is captured and cooled, thus resultant water is Distilled water. The odds left behind are all considered as contaminants. The water collected in this way is much cleaner than normal water. The distillation process removes most polluting contaminants.
Is Distilled water Safe To Drink?
Distilled water is just pure water, No doubt it is pure and clean than original water. The minerals like calcium, sodium and magnesium and other minerals which are helpful for the Human body is also removed with the distillation process. The distilled water is lesser to drink as compared to mineral water or spring water. More consumption of this may cause health issues since it doesn’t contain essential minerals and particles that must be present in drinking water. In case if your Source of water is impure prefer Mineral water or Spring water other than distilled Water. Distilled water is basically used in the field of medicine. In case your body wants more iron then go for Distilled water. Nothing wrong to drink distilled water, but you can’t get minerals which required to become healthy. Distilled water doesn’t have any test due to extracts of the minerals. If you like H2O Pure test then you will like distilled water test also.
Uses Of Distilled Water
Different types of water are available i.e. mineral water, spring water, tap water, distilled water, etc. Distilled water is the purest form of water. Distilled water is used in the industry where purity is the factor. Some of the fields where distilled water is used are listed below:
In the Medical Industry: Distilled water is also called as sterile water. This is preferred in the medical field because of its purity. Whatever instruments come into the contacts of the Human body must be sterilized. To clean instruments Autoclaves is used along with Distilled water. Surgeons must neutralize their hands and forearms before surgery. They will use some antibacterial solution with Distilled water to wash their hands. Rinsing with distilled water than normal water will help to remove bacteria.
For Laboratory Experiments: To achieve an exact result in the experiment, distilled water is used because distilled water will not contain any minerals and contaminants which may affect the experiment result. New diseases and cure are introduced every day, using distilled water will ensure that no experiment is contaminated with germs.
Used in Humidifiers: Use distilled water in Humidifiers to prevent mineral build-up, which allows humidifiers to work better and last longer. Humidifiers used for different purposes like, to humidify house plants, protect the wood in your house, Help to prevent dry skin.
In Neti pot for Nasal Irrigation: Neti pots are used to reduce congestion and relieve sinus headaches. Use distilled water to dissolve the sinus mixture used in Neti Pot as plain water may irritate your nose. Neti pot will also clean using distilled water to remove bacteria.
To remove bacteria from the surface of Fruits and Vegetables use distilled water.
Distilled water is also used in steam irons and car batteries.
Different Types Of Water
- Mineral Water
- Spring Water
- Purified Water
- Distilled Water
Mineral Water: Mineral water provides essentials minerals to your body, drinking this water daily will help you to improve your overall health. Mineral water contains many dissolved minerals like iron, calcium, sulfate, potassium, magnesium, etc.
Spring Water: Spring Water is the water collected from the natural underground water sources which have nutrients and minerals. Spring water is filtered to remove contaminants.
Purified Water: This is the purest form of water, it refers to the actual quality of water.
Distilled Water: The water is called pure water if its TDS (total dissolved solids) count is lesser than 10 PPM. Distilled water has less than 2 PPM, so it can be classified as Purified water. The name itself suggests that it goes through the process of distillation to remove its impurities. The distillation process, boil the water, capture the steam, and condensing it back into the H2O. It removes all the bacteria from the water.
Alkaline Water: Alkaline water is less acidic than regular tap water. It contains alkaline compounds, including calcium, magnesium, silica, potassium, and bicarbonate, etc.
Difference Between Purified Water and Distilled Water
There is no difference between purified water and distilled water apart from the Purification process. Distilled water is filtered using the Distillation process, while purified water is processed by other purification processes like reverse osmosis, sand filtration, and ion exchange, etc. Water is declared as purified if and only if the TDS count of water is less than 10 PPM. Both Purified water and Distilled water have less than 2 PPM TDS count. Unlike distilled water, purified water will contain some salts and minerals, where Distilled Water will not contain anything. Its the purest form of water removes all external elements from the water.
Process To Make Distilled Water At Home
The process to make Distilled Water is very easy, different method are there to make Distilled Water. Distilled Water is the water which doesn’t have minerals, chemicals, and contaminants. People will make distilled water for many purposes, which includes drinking, watering plants, for fish tanks, aquariums, etc.
We can covert any water i.e. river water, salt water, wastewater, lake water, etc into clean drinking water. From these types of water, using distillation process we will remove all type of viruses, heavy metals, bacteria, particulates, toxins and any type of waste behind and create pure and clean water from them.
Only boiling is not made water as Distilled water. By boiling only it will remove some toxins. But if you want pure Distilled water you should have to boil water more than the boiling point of H2O. Once the water is converted to steam, that steam is put into a clean container from where it condenses back into pure water.
Prerequisite to make Distilled Water from normal tap water are stainless-still pot along with the stainless-still cover, Heat resistance glass bowl, baking rack, and Ice.
- First of all, fill the stainless-steel pot halfway with tap water.
- You have the glass Bowl, put that glass Bowl in the water. Careful about the glass bowl that should not touch to the bottom of the stainless-steel pot. Glass bowl must float on the surface of the water. If it is not floating, remove that from the water and put the baking rack on the bottom of the stainless steel pot.
- Place the pot cover on top of the pot and fill the inverted pot cover by ice. when steam touches to cold cover it will convert into the water again.
- You have to boil water continuously, it will cause vapor to rise and condense on the pot’s lid. That vapor will touch to the cold lid of the pot covered by ice and again it will become water. Like that your Glass Bowl will be filled by Pure Distilled Water.
- After gathering enough Distilled water, turn off the gas. Uncover the Pot. Remove the Glass Bowl From Stainless Still Bowl carefully.
- Wait for some time, after the water cools down you can store it in any clean container. The container should be chemical free. Better you can use Glass container to store the Distilled Water.
Make Distilled Water by Water Distiller
Different Water Distillers are present in the Market which have the capability to convert Normal water into the Distilled Water. See below steps to know the working of Water Distillers
- The water distiller is the most effective way to convert normal water into Pure water.
- It contains the heating element that heats the water until it can reach up to the boiling point.
- Some of the manufacturers use the thermostat (the component which senses the temperature of the physical object and behaves accordingly) to check the temperature so that the distillers won’t heat up the water unnecessarily.
- If the distilled water becomes vapor, it can be drawn to the boiling chamber where it can cool and condenses into the liquid form again.
- Then the water is stored into the clean water container.
- Using Water Distillers almost all contaminants will be removed. Resultant you will get the pure, Bacteria-free water which you can use for any purpose for what you want.
How Does Water Distillers Work ?
We have already know that, water distillation is one of the oldest method of using filtering water. First the water can be heated at a boiling temperature. Then the water transforms to vapour, it can rised and enters one or more cooling coils where the cooling water will decrease the temperature. The lower temperature describes the vapour to condense, and it will move to the liquid state. Then finally remaining water can be collected and stored in the distiller. To separate some chemicals, you have to use water distillation filters and carbon filters which will remain in the water after distillation.
Here is the step by step process on how does the distillers work:
- The water distillers can use most effective ways of filtering water.
- It is having the heating element which will heat the water until it can reach the boiling point.
- Some of the manufacturers use thermostat to check the unit is energy efficient, so that the distillers wont heat up the water useless.
- If the distilled water becomes steam, it can be drawn to the boiling chamber where it can cools and condenses into the liquid again.
- Then the water is collected into the water container.
- Mostly all the contaminants will be removed in the boiling chamber.
Constantly you can use this Water distillation units through the ages for obtaining distilled water is more efficient. With the help of modern technology, these water distiller machines use few filtration methods which are more effective at removing the contaminants in the water than distillation.
After reading this guide, water distiller reviews, you will be able to decide which is the best water distiller for your household usage. Water distiller is one of the best choice to remove the contaminants from drinking water, and it is used in worldwide. Compare to the other filtration system, the water distilled from the water distillers is one the best & cleanest water, so that it is recommended for your family.